For this project, I decided to start with the tower. After drawing all the plans according to the original parts descriptions I purchased the profiles and glued everything together. It takes some patience but it’s a very straight forward process. Making the steps on one of the columns was a a little more difficult. The difficult part here was to bend the wire each time perfectly in order to make all steps to look exactly the same.
After finishing the tower I started cutting all the pieces needed for the wheel. Here you see a few parts. On the next post I’ll show you the building process of the windmill wheel. The wheel is technically also very simple, but there are lots of details to be made and the assembly must be done right in order to achieve a solid structure and real looking wheel.