Post image for Texaco Gas Station photo shooting in Switzerland [1st location]

Texaco Gas Station photo shooting in Switzerland [1st location]

August 23, 2011

by Seb Perez

As you have already seen in our previous posts, we have been working on a gas station diorama and went out to shoot cool pictures of it surrounded by the great landscapes of Switzerland. Well, here you have a few pictures of our first location.

We choose a quite valley with a few houses, various groups of trees, higher mountains on one side, lower mountains on the other side and a small road in the background.

This picture is one of our favorites. You see the road crossing behind the station giving you the feeling that the road comes directly to the gas station.The group of trees on the left and the impressing mountain in the Background complete the picture.

Here you see Iggy, Iggy’s car and the first location:

sean August 24, 2011 at 4:07 pm

great project guys!

steve jensen August 25, 2011 at 9:53 pm

How did you do that? It looks fantastic! Cool! Keep it coming!

charly August 26, 2011 at 2:16 pm

just WOW!

Seb August 27, 2011 at 4:17 pm

Thank you guys for the feedback!!

Tony August 28, 2011 at 1:58 pm

Love what you guys are doing. Great photos and great inspiration.

Please keep it up and know that it’s much appreciated.

Tony

Mike Yurkovic August 28, 2011 at 3:14 pm

Hey Iggy, I guess someone has to go out and do the dirty work huh? :) Looks like a beautiful place to hang and take some pics. The gas station shots are looking great! Is that a BMW 6 series coupe you’re motoring in?

Iggy August 28, 2011 at 4:18 pm

Hey Mike!

actually, I live pretty close to the locaitons where we made the pics. I like this place a lot – really peaceful. I grew up in a city with 9 Million inhabitants – so living in the countryside makes a great difference. We had an awesome time with my brother making those pics – and finishing the gas station. It was a week full of great moments!

You’ve guessed right! That’s a BMW 6 Series Coupe. The closest you can get to a muscle car around here. I’d rather drive around in a 65 Mustang – but the bimmer is great ride anyway and I have lots of fun with it (specially on those mountain routes….)

Thanks for following and posting on the blog!

Iggy

Jesse October 15, 2012 at 7:58 am

This is one of the coolest things I’ve ever seen! I had a toy gas station like that when I was a kid, I’ve built a lot of models, and I love old cars (I own a truck just like that). Great combination, and I’ll be ordering a book! Thanks for the great website!

Seb October 24, 2012 at 3:13 pm

Hi Jesse, thanks a lot for your feedback! More great stuff coming soon, stay tuned!

Previous post: